Thursday, December 17, 2009

Dead Space Fan Art: WIP 01




Read a post the other day about EA confirming the sequel to Dead Space. Was extremely excitied. Dead Space was on of the best games I played this year and Visceral Games (then EA Redwood) created one of the best survival horror games of all time.


It was funny: I almost didn't even buy it as i thought it would just be another Resident Evil meets Doom hybrid, but wow was I mistaken.


A strong, tense narrative, awesome setting, fantastic design, great pacing and impressive controls: this game defied all of my preconceived skepticism. What was even better is that it made me go back and play on the hardest difficuty - something very few games have ever done. While I wait with baited breath for the sequel I have just started playing through the original again. I played it in the dark the other nite and it was still scary! It inspired me to start on this little fan piece homage. Only just started and have only put in about 20 or so minutes do far.